Saturday, April 19, 2008

5k anyone?






So today my sister in law Manu and I ran in the Salt Lake City Marathon, 5k. We finished IN 43:35!! THEY JUST POSTED OFFICAL TIMES! WE TIED AND I AM SUPER EXCITED THAT WE DID A BETTER TIME!There were literally thousands of people there running and walking, entire families. Those parents are a lot braver than I am, I'd end up having to carry Mason and Kennedy, and that would not be any fun! I'm glad I did it, even though my allergies have me feeling less than stellar. Manu's been training since Jan, I've been "training" for a little over a month, and I use the term "training" loosely, I do go to the gym nearly everyday, but only for 45 min, switching it up between the treadmill, elliptical, and weights. Part of me would like to be more serious about it and start really training say for a 1/2 marathon or something, but for now I'm going to be very content, doing a 5k a month, not sure where May's will be, June will be Nestle/Springville Art City Music Days, July not sure, but August, my goal is to do the 5k at Disneyland, it goes through both Disneyland and dca, and I am all for it, anyone else care to join us, I'd love it, or come to cheer, it's fun and maybe one of these years, I will finally lose the baby weight!

3 comments:

Amy said...

GREat job Jen! You are awesome!!

Mason Manor said...

Nice job Jen! It looks like lots of fun :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,
I was so happy to find your blog! I'm adding you to my list of bloggers so that I can check in regularly. Your kids are so adorable. I can't belive how much they've grown. We really have to get together soon.
Rachel and Joel