Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Weekend



So the weekend was eventful to say the least and ,OK, maybe not so much eventful as now that's it's Sunday evening, I'm exhausted and I took naps everyday this weekend. It started off we got new phones- yea! For those of you who don't know my old phone would ring, and I could answer it, but no texting, no seeing my phonebook, etc, because the inside screen was broken, and i had to live like that for 2 months! whew...glad that is over! Then Friday morning Manu, Vika and I ran in the freedom run 5K in Provo. This was the most ridiculous thing I think I have ever done. OK, yes, we finished, at a terrible 48 something, 6 min slower that last month, but ohh are there excuses! It started off Thursday I was going to go get my race packet, but Sipa called me to tell me Danny picked it up, fabulous, saves me a trip, plus they were going to be working together so Sipa would just bring it home Friday morning, but for whatever reason when he got home he didn't have it..ok, no big deal I'll just get it there from Vika. Manu and I drive down to BYU and find where they are handing out packets so she can get hers. This is about 8 mins before the race starts and we find out, the 5K starts 4 blocks away! So we are trying to hurry down to the starting line while on the phone with Sipa trying to tell him where to go and find out where Danny and Vika are because I need my bib # so I can be in the race....oh did I mention my shin splints were acting up and Manu basically had two recovering sprained ankles? no? oh yea, add that to the fun. So we get to the starting line and realize ummm, where's vika, oh, she woke up late, the traffic was bad so she was also running to the starting line, luckily I found her about 1 min before it started, but I lost Manu, so the race starts, people take off, and then I find Manu, so we get started and realize maybe 2 blocks into this, that we should've gone to the bathroom...ahh...this isn't going to be comfortable, oh wait, what's that...a porta-potty on the corner for the parade route! Wohoo! Bladders saved, wait in line for 5 min, get back to the route to find we are ummm, yea, I think the very last runners---wheee!!! So here we are running down University Ave, just the 2 of us in the middle of the street with lots of people watching, waiting for the parade, oh don't worry they were cheering us on. Dead last carrying plastic bags, the race packets, oh yea, we are cool! Then in the last leg I think I can here my cell phone ringing, so I answer because I know my sister Kelly was probably going to have a baby, sure enough it's my mom telling me Kelly is at the hospital about to have a baby...fitting i thought, we were both very tired and physically exhausted, only she was going to get a cute little baby boy out of the deal, and I got a medal with a foot on it....so race was done, we had luckily passed a few 5kers on the way so we finished about 1500 out of 1600!
Then we went home, I didn't want to go camping but sipa and the kids wanted to so we compromised and slept in a tent in the backyard and the next day planted some flowers and shrubs in an attempt to make me like the house all the more so I will quit asking sipa should we stay or move, and if we move will it be around here or to oakdale, he will tell you i ask this question 18 times a day.Later that night we went to a birthday party at a park where they had set up a waterslide bouncer, ooh my, don't worry Mason has informed me that it's ok if we get one for our backyard and he even knows where it will fit. So it was a great weekend, too much fun and of course the highlight, Tyler Malin Allen, the 4th of July nephew of mine is cute and healthy and his mommy is good too

2 comments:

Vika said...

Yeahie, you got your pictures up on blog, already... I will work on my blog this week... Yes, it was a crazy race but I am glad we did it...so I think I will do the one this Saturday...

Amy said...

Oh my word! What a day! I wouldnt have wanted to pack up and go camping either after that! Sounds like a fun weekend though!