Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Polynesian Cultural Center









So after the funeral was over we got to do some "touristy" things Friday night we went to PCC with my sis in law Manu, Sipa, the kids and Sipa's cousins Jr and Hano. We saw the dance show and it was really amazing.

For those who have been before, we were there on the first night of a new program, so you'll have to go back and see it again, I was told by Sipa's family who have all been many times that it is really so much better now! We went back the following day with Sipa's other sisters and their families. We had so much fun walking around seeing the villages and listening to them compare what they remember from the islands compared to what's there. I loved Samoa's and Tonga's shows the best, but perhaps I'm slightly biased. We(Sipa) made smoke at the fire making station in Samoa. We all got faux tattoos in Fiji, and while waiting for the rest of us,
my bro in law Litoni, sat down at a fake fruit stand and starting yelling "coconuts, 5 dolla, 2 for 10" some asian ladies went up to him to "inspect" his wares not sure if he was serious or not, we were all on the floor laughing! It's definitely a place I'd like to go back to and spend more time looking around, and I really wish we'd planned ahead and gone to one of the buffets to eat, they looked soo yummy!

1 comments:

Vika said...

Yeah, PCC is a great place to visit! Love all the pictures!