Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy 7th Anniversary


Wow, so it's really hard to believe we've been married 7 years already! We really have had so much fun over the years and I can't imagine my life with anyone else! SO since we've been married 7 years, I thought I'd put the top 7 reasons(in no particular order) I love him and am grateful to be married to him.

1. He has an amazing sense of adventure and drive to be active. Every year he gets involved with as many sports and activities that he can whether it be racquetball, paintball, basketball, softball, snowboarding, jet skiing, rugby, football, surfing, he's going to be adding 5ks to this list soon!

2. He is amazingly talented and handy. Since we've been married he's remodeled both of our bathrooms, gutted and remodeled our kitchen, leveled out a dirt driveway and poured and stamped concrete, put in ceiling fans and recessed lights in several rooms, helped me paint and repaint every room in our house at least 2xs, re roofed the house, etc, with very little outside help!

3. His faith in me never waivers. He has supported me in my many different adventures 150%. He has watched the kids while I have gone back to work and back to school and always encourages me to keep going when I want to quit, which is often!

4. He is a terrific father. He has helped with the kids since day 1, changing diapers, making bottles, watching them so I could have "me" time, helping them learn to read and write, learn manners, teaching them Tongan customs, and about the gospel and our Savior.

5. He loves the gospel. He is always striving to be a better man, to honor his priesthood and to serve in any capacity he can. He has a strong testimony and I love that he shares that with us.

6. He works so hard. He works easily 50-60+ hrs/week to support our family and allow us to do all of the many fun things we do. He's very good at his job, and I personally can attest to this, because I've witnessed this, it's how we met, at Stouffers, I worked part time in his dept (he was the supervisor) so I married him so I could be the boss- lol!

7. He loves me. I haven't always made the wisest choices in whom I dated, I had a lot of self doubt, but he saw past that, and loves me unconditionally! He tells me I'm beautiful and sexy the way I am (even though I know my face is breaking out, my hair needs to be recolored cause I can see some grays and I really need to lose another 40+ lbs), but more than just telling me, he makes me feel that way and I love him, and can't wait to get a stupid address so we can FINALLY get sealed together for time & eternity!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

That was so sweet! I really liked reading that. What are you talking about - the address? I'm confused.

jennsekona said...

Since his ex wife will not write a letter expressing her feelings on whether or not we can get sealed, our bishop asked us to get her address so he can send her a certified letter basically saying we're going to go ahead with the sealing, but he will have "proof" that he let her know. So after trying to get her to write a letter for the past 3 yrs, we've now been trying for the last 3 months to get her address but it's always some bologna excuse like, oh i'm moving and i don't want to miss it, etc, and she hasn't moved, at least according to her siblings, but Sipa doesn't want to just ask her siblings (don't ask me why he feels like it's cheating to not get it from her) etc, so it's a long, annoying story!

Mason Manor said...

Congrats on 7 years!

Vika said...

Jen, this is beautiful! I love the post. You guys are amazing.

Rachel said...

Jenn congrats on seven years! What a lovely post about your love for Sipa. I know you'll get that address soon! I will try to give you a call or you call usif you can. we have interesting news and should get together very soon if we can.

the Bachlers said...

Man, I hope I remember to make that kind of post on our anniversary! Keep us posted when you do get that go ahead for your sealing! It will be all the sweeter after the wait. The Marlers should all come down while your parents are in town with Kevin. I may be there, too ;-)

tennille said...

How sweet! You guys are so cute together.

mary said...

happy anniversary! wow. 7 years!! now THAT is an accomplishment. i love your list. you guys were made for each other!