Well this is a big year for Sipa and I, we are turning the big 30/40, he's not going to like that I posted that, but it's life and in 10 yrs, I'll be the one turning 40, and we'll have a party then- yikes! This year, it's about getting healthy again, my ultimate goal is to get down to the size I was when I got preg with Mas, and then get a tummy tuck to lose the nasty stretched out skin which, after losing 100 lbs since I had him, and 2 c-sections, this flab is not going anywhere without some serious coaxing (from a surgeon) SO....this means it's time to get in shape and start running again- the bonus, Sipa is going to do this with me, running 5ks and everything. So I'm putting it in writing, I'm running- not walking- at least 1 5k every month, the plan so far is
Salt Lake City Marathon April 18, 2009 07:00 AM (definate, registered already)
http://www.saltlakecitymarathon.com
Running with Angels Saturday, May 16, 2009 08:00 AM (this one is tenative, haven't registered yet)
http://www.runningwithangels.com
Nestle/Art City Family Fun Run Sometime in June (this is also a definate, Sipa registers us every year)
Freedom Run Saturday, July 04, 2009 07:00 (this is a definate- debating on registering for the 10k? I really want to try it)
http://www.freedomfestival.org/run
and then from there I'm open for suggestions. Vika's going to do some with me (no more buddy run!) Manu's going to do some with me, and Sipa is going to also, anyone else is more than welcome to, as added incentive, after each race we go out for breakfast, gotta replace those carbs- lol but here's to getting healthy and in shape in 2009!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
It's that time again...
Posted by jennsekona at 1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
awesome goals Jen! I wish there were more 5k's around here! I wish you were doing the healthy living challenge, then we would commiserate
You go girl!! I keep thinking about getting healthy. Keep us posted on those dates and we'll see if we can't sneak up to UT for one or two of them.
Yes jen, we are so doing all the run that we can find. I will have to look up the slc marathon and do register. I am so excited for summer so we can get back to our running and yes no more best buddies :(
Post a Comment