So this has by far been the most unique Thanksgiving I have ever had. Sipa and the kids (plus my in-laws)went down to Los Angeles for a cousin's wedding (congrats again Kani and Kalo) and a funeral. I stayed home. By myself. This was mostly due to Black Friday and I had to work, (plus trips with me are undoubtedly more expensive because I am higher maintenance and hate crashing in on people. This has been so far an experience I'd rather not do again because I'm lonely and bored and I don't sleep very good without anyone else here, it is however a fantastic reminder of how truly blessed I am.
I got off work around 4am Thurs morning and tried to sleep. I had intentions of going over to my friend Melissa's but I was so tired and really just wanted to veg. Later that evening I went up to Brett and Autumn's to have dinner with FAMILY(Brett, Autumn, their 4 beautiful kids, her mom and sister, Joel, Rachel and their little Lily)! I had a lot of fun and realized again how really retarded I am. I am oddly shy around people I don't see or talk to on a regular basis. Even though I can know someone for years, it takes me a long time to warm up to people again and talk- stupid? yes, but I can't seem to shake it.
Anyway...I realize I don't really share my intimate feelings very often(read never, I hold my feelings very tightly. There are reasons but no need to get into that today. I am however so very thankful to my Heavenly Father for my family. I am married to the most talented, amazing man I have ever met, whom I love more than I could ever hope to express. The sacrifices he makes for our family are immeasurable and he does it all for us willingly. He stays home with the kids so I can work and go to school because he knows it makes me happy, he spends more time playing and teaching our children than most fathers I know. My children have blessed my life more than I could have ever dreamed. They are so smart, talented and so amazing in their capacity to love, I feel so unworthy to be the mother of these two wonderful children. I am so thankful to have them. While Sipa and I would love to be able to have more children, after years of trying, etc, it appears that these are going it, and I could not have dreamed of better children. I am so thankful for my parents, siblings and in-laws. I know that we are very loved and very blessed and that's a great feeling to have.
It's a long post but probably one of the only ones where I will share any of my closely guarded feelings.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Thanksgiving
Posted by jennsekona at 7:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I'm sorry you had to spend Thanksgiving alone. When are you going out to Oakdale again? I'm hoping to make it out there in Jan. or Feb.
I love you Jen! Thank you for sharing your post. You are awesome!
Jen, this post is so wonderful, thanks for sharing.
You made me cry. You are truely blessed.
Post a Comment